Enjoy nature and culture
The 92-kilometre-long Seeve Cycle Route offers natural and cultural attractions and leads you in three loops from Wehlen in the Lüneburg Heath to Over on the River Elbe. Due to its excellent local public transport links, the Seeve Cycle Route offers you a choice of starting points and finishing points.
Suggested route for a one-day tour: 31 km tour in the surroundings of the Lüllau water mill
This stretch of the Seeve Cycle Route will appeal to nature and culture lovers alike. Starting from the Lüllau water mill, you will first head to Jesteburg with its characteristic half-timbered houses. Cycle past the Bendestorf water mill, and then to the Horst water mill. This fully functional historic mill is the ideal spot for a culinary breather. Strengthened by your refreshments, the route leads you past orchards and water meadows back to Lüllau.
In a nutshell
- Length of route: 92 kilometres in total
- Sights: Source of the Seeve • planet trail • typical halftimbered houses • Hexenhaus • water mills • churches • Europe’s largest marshalling yard • Seevengeti nature conservation park
- Trail conditions: The route doesn’t feature any significant ascents, it largely leads along asphalted paths, with several earth and sand paths. The route is recommended for sturdy touring bikes, trekking bikes and e-bikes.
- Signage: The entire trail is signposted with the 'Seeve-Radweg' logo.
- Special features: Cyclist-friendly accommodation • bicycle service stations