Countless ways to experience nature
Numerous points of interest, various natural attractions, as well as 31 family-oriented and audio information boards add to making this bike tour a very special experience.
Suggested route for a one-day tour: 48 km from Uelzen to Lüneburg
Your day trip begins at the Hundertwasser train station in the Hanseatic town of Uelzen. You will cycle north in the direction of Bad Bevensen, the home of Medingen Abbey. A visit to the abbey is certainly a must. From Medingen, the route leads you through Bienenbüttel to the over 1,050-yearold Hanseatic salt city of Lüneburg with its Gothic red-brick façades. You can use the Metronom train for your return journey to Uelzen.
In a nutshell
- Length of route: 120 kilometres in total
- Sights: Hösseringen Museum Village • Bodenteich Castle • Hundertwasser train station in Uelzen • Medingen Abbey • Lüneburg’s old town
- Trail conditions: The cycle route is largely level and mostly asphalted, with partial gravel, sand and forest trails. The route is recommended for sturdy touring bikes, mountain bikes and trekking bikes.
- Signage: The entire trail is signposted with the 'Ilmenau-Radweg' logo.
- Special features: A cycle route you can listen to: All of the 31 information boards are also available as MP3 files. Additional audio content (both fiction and non-fiction) can be downloaded from the dedicated website.
GPX data, maps, information and free brochures: